Did you know that teeth whitening is a billion-dollar industry? It was estimated to having a market value of $6.14 billion in 2020.
And the industry is growing. So it’s a promising industry, and maybe you can try entering it.
Suppose you read a teeth whitening review online. In that case, you may figure out that not everyone that provides that type of service is a dentist, unless they require other dental cosmetics procedures. That means you can start your own teeth whitening business, and this article will guide you on how.
What is a Teeth Whitening Business
People want to have whiter teeth. It looks good, and it’s a sign of excellent hygiene. Now a teeth whitening business will be catering to the needs of the people who want to have their teeth whitened.
There are several types of teeth whitening businesses that you can go for. If you are a dentist, of course, you can offer teeth whitening as one of the services that you provide in your clinic. If you are not a dentist, you can still establish your own teeth whitening business. You can sell the kits and other products that are being used for whitening teeth.
Methods of Teeth Whitening
Several teeth whitening methods are being used today. Here are some of the more popular options:
- There are whitening toothpaste products that have been explicitly formulated to make teeth whiter. These products usually contain abrasive materials that remove the stains from the teeth when brushing. Others contain phosphates that work on removing stains as well.
- Those looking for a milder way of whitening their teeth can use a whitening mouthwash with gentler action than whitening toothpaste. Mouthwash is also better at working on the hard-to-reach that cannot be reached by brushing.
- Bleaching kits are available for people to use at home. Those kits use strips which whitening formulation or just gels that can be applied to the teeth surface.
- In-office or in-clinic teeth whitening typically requires a single visit during which bleach is applied to the teeth to whiten their color.
The good news is that there is a high demand for services and products related to teeth whitening.
Starting Your Teeth Whitening Business
A teeth whitening business can be very profitable. As things start to go back to normal after the pandemic, people will begin to seek personal services again, so the demand will always be there.
We have listed here the steps you can follow to establish your teeth whitening venture.
Step 1: Pick Your Business Model
Pick the business model that you would like to follow. Here are a few of the popular teeth whitening business models that you can follow:
- If you’re a dentist and don’t offer teeth whitening services, you miss out on many opportunities. You just need to add it to what you are currently offering in your clinic.
- If you’re a beauty professional, you can also add teeth whitening to the services offered in your salon. Just add it to the services provided on your displays, your social media accounts, and your website.
- You can also establish a teeth whitening clinic. This is different from a dental clinic since the only service offered is teeth whitening.
- Suppose you’re not a dentist or a beauty professional and don’t want to establish a physical location. In that case, you can go for an e-commerce business model. People will be buying teeth whitening products online. You can establish an e-commerce business that caters to their needs.
- You can establish a mix of these business models. You can offer teeth whitening services in your salon, for example, and still sell teeth whitening products online.
Whatever model you pick, just make sure that you are comfortable with it.
Step 2: Check Out the Competition
You need to check the competitors that are offering the services that you have picked. If you plan to establish a clinic, you should research the clinics offering teeth whitening services in your area.
Likewise, if you plan to sell teeth whitening products online, check out the online sellers offering the same products you want to sell.
Step 3: Create a Unique Selling Point (USP)
What makes your teeth whitening business different from the others that are out in the market? What sets you apart? Why should people choose you?
For example, your salon may be the only place that offers a beauty package that includes teeth whitening among its services. You should focus on marketing that USP because people will be going to your place.
Step 4: Write a Business Plan
A business plan will help you outline where you want to take your business and when you want to get there. The business plan will also tell you how much you will need to set up your teeth whitening company and how much you need to keep it running.
When you have a business plan, you can always turn to it and check when you doubt the direction you are taking.
While you can write your own business plan, you should be guided by a professional like an accountant, especially with the finance part of the plan.
Step 5: Find a Source for Your Products/Supplies
This is one of the most crucial steps in establishing your business. You need to find a source for the products you will be selling and supply you with all the materials you will be using for your services. You need to get products with low prices and yet are still high quality. You may have to get samples first before you buy from them in bulk.
After these steps, you can then follow the usual route of establishing a business. You need to pick a name and then select a digital presence. You also need to get all the necessary licenses and permits from the government to operate.
A teeth whitening business can be an up-and-coming venture — one that has a very bright future.